X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Checklist of Things to be Done

@ new nerds whom are currently updating site

Few issues that need resolving when you get around to it:

1. the whole subscriptions thing is driving me nuts, as far as i know theres no way to turn off notifications for threads your subscribe too or even mass unsubscribe from shit, literally have like 500 pages of subscribed threads and no way to do it all.
    (Ive personally never used the subscription feature on any version of vbull so i dunno how annoying this is to others.)

Ideally i only want notifications if i receive a mention, quote or pm or w,e extra admin shit that might need to be handled.

2. Obviously more mellow/darker skins. Honestly id give whomever a handy if they can custom make the oldschool blue highlight theme or something similar to it so it works for the newest vbull but i know thats a longshot.

3. Pretty sure Rep system is being looked at but from what i remember when Watt bought the site, alot of the old school plugins simply dont exist or work for new Vbull for some reason so unless someone knows how to make these add ons i dont think the OG rep system we enjoyed is coming back.

4. As for the Chat tab up top, It should redirect you to a built in chat on this website so you dont lose money whether it be a plug in or a 3rd party, And if you do still wanna use chatango just cause its easy atleast embed the chat on this site so you dont lose traffic, and make sure to make a new chatango too you need something that the current staff has control of. (btw those quick chat add ons you see at the top or bottom of alot of forums are trash and kinda ugly, chat should always be a separate page.)

5. Avatar size needs to be atleast doubled.

Edit:

6. Side bar should only consist of latest posts from the like 3 major sections, no one cares about tags or anything trending. Ideally the Sidebar would have Latests Posts and maybe a live twitter feed of the O's twitter if the O's twitter was actually worth a damn.

7. And every thread should have a "whos viewing" window at the bottom of it like the old version

8. revamp the badges n give them all black outlines so we can see em on any theme..

9. Thread Prefixes

10. (potential new currency system to replace rep bets with something better)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

All i can freestyle off top atm.

Now be good boys n make daddy happy, smooches.

Sites lit dork foh
    Originally posted by Chaunce;n3231571

Site gets fixed end of this week or next btw.

Comment

this forum will die without the rep system

Comment

also chunce visibly rattled by the lack of his precious blue theme

Comment

smh dont rub it in queer

Comment

i manually unsubscribed from 100 threads to stop the notifications thank god this acc is only a few months old

Comment

1. You can very easily set what you want to get notifications for. And if you can't figure out how, let me know and daddy will take care of you

2. I could create that blue theme with ease. Darker skins (nr) coming soon.

3. Rep system is tricky, I can't find any reputable hacks/mods/plugins to do what the old rep system did. We might be able to meet in the middle somewhere if we can at least get a "dislike" button. As it stands, hitting the "like" button adds to rep (just like repping did before). Flagging does nothing but send "staff" notifications which 99.99% won't get read.

4. Agreed on Chat

5. Avatar size needs to be atleast doubled. - Agreed. We'll have to look into how that works, it might be theme specific. Because all the settings are still set up for 160x160 and are being overridden by the theme.

6. Side bar... - Agreed

7. And every thread should have a "whos viewing" window at the bottom of it like the old version - Agreed

Comment

I found the menu for all the notifications and turned off auto sub but theres no choice to turn off notifications when someone posts in a thread you subscribed too. (as far as i know)

And simply theres no way to turn off subscriptions.

Comment

think its time to ditch otbva and create new forum with even better rep system from scratch

Comment

Imo you should be able to like take the Like a Post plug-in and just reverse the values and add a thumbs down image and add it. But im kinda speakin outta my ass, i dunno what goes into coding these sorts of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
                      Imo you should be able to like take the Like a Post plug-in and just reverse the values and add a thumbs down image and add it. But im kinda speakin outta my ass, i dunno what goes into coding these sorts of things.
                      That's basically what it is. Obviously there's slightly more to it, but it shouldn't be extremely difficult.

Comment

need at least 5 colors of rep imo

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
                          I found the menu for all the notifications and turned off auto sub but theres no choice to turn off notifications when someone posts in a thread you subscribed too. (as far as i know)

And simply theres no way to turn off subscriptions.
                          In my subscribed pages I clicked select all, unsubscribe.

Then went to

http://www.otbva.com/forum/settings/notifications

Unchecked subscribe after posting. Then down in discussions I unchecked notifications for people posting in my discussions, etc.

I don't get any post notifications, only likes, subscribes, flags, etc.

Comment

1. Make me admin

Comment

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X