DECADE WAS THE WORST EVENT OF THE LAST DECADE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DECADE WAS THE WORST EVENT OF THE LAST DECADE

Name events WORSER than this. KOTD NEEDS to create THEIR OWN PGS. SUITED MORE TO THEIR audience. In my Humblest opinion the only ok battle was Ars vs Pat, and to be honest I didn't give a left nut and horses arse about that battle. I just wanted to see Chilla leave Ice in the freezer below -30°[Barz] but the battle didn't happen.

WORSER.

*mods close thread please.

Comment

SM 7 worse than this. at least all rappers on decade prepared and professional.

Comment

Yeah, even Pat and Ars was underwhelming for me. The battles were alright, but the whole event made me legit feel bad for KOTD. 10 years in the game & THAT'S your DECADE card?

They lost their identity. They've been trying their best to be URL, but no matter how many URL battlers they book, they'll never have that feel. At best, they're a poor imitation of URL, and at worst, they're uploading British battles that no one wants to see.

KOTD / Canada lacks talent so there's not much they can do about that. They also seem to lack money. Unless Drake or Nikiya are funding shit, they're fucked. Now they raised the bar to the point that people expect a mega card with URL battlers and they can't make it happen consistently.

And I feel you on a PG, but KOTD's PGs are garbage. Plus, Gully treats GZ like it's his own separate league with a separate channel that no one watches. Instead, GZ should be a stepping stone for KOTD. URL is smart. They upload PGs to their main channel to give up-and-comers exposure and help build their brands. GZ gets no type of views so it's a stupid platform to have. And I think "Prove Yourself" is KOTD's real PG, but no one ever proved themselves because Canadian battle rap is terrible for the most part.

The last Canadian with any potential was Franchise and you saw how they did him. Beast Mode built his brand up with big names, and then KOTD fucked all that up by giving him a bunch of GZ battles to prove himself again instead of throwing him on the main KOTD channel, so he eventually just said fuck it and went straight to URL. Now they're trying not to make the same mistake with Joey Gambello who had a similar path as Franchise, but I don't think anyone gives a shit about Joey Gambello.

KOTD has never been good at building talent, and they alienated most of their own established talent when they made the switch to appeal to a more "urban" fanbase. Then they go and lose Rum Nitty to URL. And even if Nitty was still on KOTD, he wouldn't have the same type of buzz. Same with Franchise. Because KOTD doesn't build anyone up. They missed another great opportunity when Spit Dat Heat fell apart. All the other leagues scooped up talent from SDH's old roster, from URL to Bullpen and even Don't Flop, but KOTD didn't for some reason. Not even Craig Lamar and he would've fit in perfectly on KOTD. I just think they're out of touch at this point with who they are and with knowing what anyone wants to see from them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldino View Post
          Yeah, even Pat and Ars was underwhelming for me. The battles were alright, but the whole event made me legit feel bad for KOTD. 10 years in the game & THAT'S your DECADE card?

They lost their identity. They've been trying their best to be URL, but no matter how many URL battlers they book, they'll never have that feel. At best, they're a poor imitation of URL, and at worst, they're uploading British battles that no one wants to see.

KOTD has never been good at building talent, and they alienated most of their own established talent when they made the switch to appeal to a more "urban" fanbase. Then they go and lose Rum Nitty to URL. And even if Nitty was still on KOTD, he wouldn't have the same type of buzz. Same with Franchise. Because KOTD doesn't build anyone up. They missed another great opportunity when Spit Dat Heat fell apart. All the other leagues scooped up talent from SDH's old roster, from URL to Bullpen and even Don't Flop, but KOTD didn't for some reason. Not even Craig Lamar and he would've fit in perfectly on KOTD. I just think they're out of touch at this point with who they are and with knowing what anyone wants to see from them anymore.
          TALK TO EM !!!!

Comment

eh, KOTD is def struggling but even their weak cards tend to still have some good battles (from this year, Saurus vs Ness, Math vs Real Deal, Pass vs Cortez, Pat vs Ars)

meanwhile URL threw like 20 events this year with a lot of good match-ups, yet there's only like 4 battles I would maybe want to watch again (Reed vs Rex, Roc vs Hitman, Roc vs Pat, Ars vs Twork)

battle rap in general is pretty shit right now

Comment

Post the bootleg proof so I can see for myself.

Comment

• Justice
                Justice commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha

Real subtle, bro.

KOTD has their own PGs, they're called the GZs

Comment

lol the event was decent, what is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldino View Post
                  Now they're trying not to make the same mistake with Joey Gambello who had a similar path as Franchise, but I don't think anyone gives a shit about Joey Gambello.
                  Sad, because Joey has potential, he's like a diet Fresco.
                  Official Websitehttp://www.nosire.com
                  http://i.imgur.com/RWOszfH.png

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadperdana View Post
                    SM 7 worse than this. at least all rappers on decade prepared and professional.
                    Who didn't prepare on SM7?
                    CLICK 4 THE BIGGEST BODY IN BATTLE RAP!!

Comment

This will be KOTDs last event they fell off for the last time. There page been getting like 13k views a battle. Smack still getting a million eventually after holding them for 3+ months lol
                      CLICK 4 THE BIGGEST BODY IN BATTLE RAP!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnDinero23 View Post

TALK TO EM !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NO SIR E View Post

Sad, because Joey has potential, he's like a diet Fresco.
                          holy shit, that's a great comparison..would be a fire matchup too

Comment

Originally posted by idealaedi View Post
                            lol the event was decent, what is this?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X