***MUST SEE*** Premier Breaks Down His Classics With Nas, JAY-Z, Biggie & Gang Starr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ***MUST SEE*** Premier Breaks Down His Classics With Nas, JAY-Z, Biggie & Gang St

Originally posted by Kikbak Bobby Bangz View Post
    [MENTION=15763]Justice[/MENTION]

yeah the Ny state of mind pt. 2 sample has yet to be identified. Before whosampled even existed the-breaks.com forums (under the FAQ additions section) was pretty much the only place online for sample id's and to this day nobody has discovered the origins of pt. 2. And those guys over there are like fuckin archaeologists when it comes to samples. I still frequent the place from time to time but not as much as i used to like a decade ago

Good looks on the info, never heard of the site.

i used to think Group Home was absolute trash and only gave their records a spin bc of premo's beats. And i still do.

Nah jk

they were really about that real life struggle shit and never tried to be lyrical or witty

Hey fam, i stated that a couple times myself throughout the yrs on here whenever that album get brought up.

The album only gets play due to Primo for me, Suspended in Time & Baby Pa is the only tracks i feel worked for me lyrics wise. Been about a yr since i listened to the album from beginning to end but off top those two are the ones i say work the most cohesively as tracks for a album.

I can appreciate the mid 90's NY sound coupled with the rawness of the raps of just some guys that sound like they're rapping on the corner outside the bodega amongst themselves while drinking a 40. But nutcracker is without a doubt the worst though. Overall the lyrics just don't do the production justice imo.
    I like modding because it gives me the illusion I have control.

Comment

Re: ***MUST SEE*** Premier Breaks Down His Classics With Nas, JAY-Z, Biggie & Gang St

Originally posted by Window Lurker View Post
      My best guess is that its a sample taken from Mind Rain, but I havent listen to the whole song meticulously
      Mind Rain was sampled on the 1st NY state of mind, are you saying Premier took a different part of the same record to sample the piano loop for NY state of mind part 2 ?

Idk i listened to Mind Rain a couple months back i didn't hear anything that sounded close to that same loop. Though there is a substantial amount of piano on it. The sample itself gives a noticeable haunting type of vibe/impression to it (which is why i surmised that it was from a horror score/movie- Amityville Horror initially), and that feel is completely absent from Mind Rain altogether.

The piano sample obviously isn't chopped up super complex whatsoever so that can't possibly be it's origin since he didn't break it down into countless individual pieces to reconstruct it (i only hear like 3 separate pieces of the piano that he used to loop, might be wrong since i am far from a expert). Preem mostly used s950 and mpc 60 II.

I would imagine people would of heard and pointed out the sample for NY pt 2 by now if it was on the exact same song as such a known sample as pt 1.

It sounds mid 70's - early to no more then mid 80's, No way is it older than that. Double Exposer came out in 1978, never listened to the whole album- perhaps i should.
      I like modding because it gives me the illusion I have control.

Comment

Originally posted by Justice View Post
        Originally posted by Window Lurker View Post
        My best guess is that its a sample taken from Mind Rain, but I havent listen to the whole song meticulously
        Mind Rain was sampled on the 1st NY state of mind, are you saying Premier took a different part of the same record to sample the piano loop for NY state of mind part 2 ?
        Yes....
        ... But i just listened the whole song, its almost 9 minutes, and didnt hear anything close to the sample used on pt 2. I listened to pt 2 instrumental, and im pretty sure that theres no huge chopping work involved like you said. I then tried to listen to Donald Byrds Flight Time on Youtube, but its been taken down, except the live version...
        Originally posted by Chaunce;n3231571

Site gets fixed end of this week or next btw.

Comment

yeah could not listen to Flight Time last night cause i was using an ipad

anyway, the sample might come from here

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDga7tJL2UU"]Ahmad Jamal - I Love Music - YouTube[/ame]
          Originally posted by Chaunce;n3231571

Site gets fixed end of this week or next btw.

Comment

i used to think Group Home was absolute trash and only gave their records a spin bc of premo's beats. And i still do.

Nah jk

they were really about that real life struggle shit and never tried to be lyrical or witty
            The whole Gangstarr foundation and (affiliates) kept it pretty basic/simple with the flow (only exception being Bahamadia)...nonetheless dope though.

Dap snapped on this one IMO...

And Jeru was absolute!!!

Comment

Comment

One of Premiers most slept on Gems...

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X