General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Diaz doesn't care about the UFC he's not a company person. The loser gets pair more than the winner? I wouldn't take it either. No point. Took a big money fight on short notice, exposed bitch ass McNugget, now he doesn't care about fighting.

Comment

I want to see mcgregor/Edgar , aldo a bum, and Moose can hold onto the Diaz L cause his boy Edgor getting KO'd if he meets Conar

Comment

Frankie will do him worse than he did Swanson, Cub actually has a ground game.

Comment

Why does the UFC hate Bruce Leroy? Absolute mismatch.

Comment

Faber's shit talking game is weak. First he got verbally dominated by McGregor on the show and now Cruz for this fight.

It's either a win or UFC ambassadorship for Faber.

Comment

if i remember right i think all title fight matches get ppv cuts even if not the main event. I remember dana saying he felt so bad for cruz always getting hurt because he had to be pulled from either silva/sonnen 1 or 2 and that cruz wouldve got paid off ppv and that he missed out big time

Comment

bisping trash talk 3-0'd rockhold in the press con, lololol "I believeeee luke, I believeeeee" had me dying

Champs dont even get paid that much compared to the big 3 IIRC (ronda, mcgregor, GSP)
                maybe around 200,000 or so, the reebok deal only gives champs only around 40k. Imagine what the lower tier fighters might be getting. Monster only sponsor star fighters

If i was diaz i would want a contract change too, imagine you made 6 figures then back to 5, who wouldnt want a change, but in all fairness of the UFC, Diaz already signed and plus it would be a waste of money on their part by giving diaz 6 figures in his next fights....Diaz is simply not a draw to the mass public. Stockton is one of the poorest cities in Cali so theres no real city draw (I lived in stockton for a few years), they were probably on OTBVA watching the bootlegs like the rest of us.

In the end i would love to see all fighters get paid more but sadly the sport lost a lot of steam after pride went under and wrestlers started dominating the sport with lay n pray(maybe around 2009ish? was the decline of the sport in terms of mass appeal) and only of the past few years its heading back in the right direction. We need guys like mcgregor to keep the money flowing because hes the walking example that you can make millions in MMA

I'm not implying the UFC is broke by all means, just expressing what i believe to be the rest why fighters are underpaid

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
                  Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                  Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
                  Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                  Originally posted by danmcfart View Post
                  Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
                  50k is a hell of a check for a UFC fighter tbf, 90% of the fighters dont make that per fight.

Diaz def deserves atleast 100k though, especially if Mcgregor getting 2 million or whatever he usually gets.
                  50k is a lot compared to the others...but Nate Diaz been fighting there for YEARS and only made that much, he deserves much more
                  also he made upwards of 600k for his last fight in which he beat mcgregor. why in the world would he take a 90% pay cut for the same fight when he won the last one. if anything mcgregor should have to take the cut if he wants the rematch so bad he can pay diazs cheque

apprently he signed a new deal with the ufc before the mcgregor fight and now wants to change it because he won the fight

snake shit if you ask me tbh, he was fine with what he signed up for but when mcgregor pulled out of the first fight it for what ever reason made him think he can get more

if he wants more money thats fine but dont sign a contract, win 1 fight then say fuck that contract i want a new one
                  fair enough, but then I dont think his new contract would have him making 500k to show for the first fight and then 50k for any subsequent fights. but knowing diaz dumb ass maybe he did

i bet diaz has been smoking some fire kush lately and has gotten use to a higher style of living
                  any normal fight is under normal contract rules

he got paid that much for the first fight because it was on short notice, whenever some takes a short notice fight they can ask for more, bisping getting a good check as well

rockhold is most likely getting 500k win or lose, if he was stil fightin weidman it would 500k only if he won

and the ufc didnt want to do diaz vs mcgregor 1 because he was askin for to much back then as well, but the ufc caved that time cause there was no one else that would accept the fight basically
                  I have to disagree with the last part though because when RDA got injured everybody threw their hat in the ring as an opponent and McGregor specifically handpicked Diaz as his opponent.

UFC even told Khabib no and passed on Cerrone so no one else accepting is not really true.

McGregor chose the easiest fight (and clearly the one that would generate the most hype/ppv buys) and paid the price.

Comment

I'm pretty sure mcgregor didnt chose the easiest fight (def not the hardest), on paper nate diaz sounds like a nightmare style match up, Only two reasons why Mcgregor might of pick diaz would be
                    1. Diaz would most likely not try to take mcgregor down
                    2. the promotion for the fight would been a whole lot easier, hardcore fans love the diaz bros.

The easier fight imo would had been Cowboy (not saying mcgregor would crush him but would had done a lot better compared to diaz)

Comment

The Diaz choice was a combination of things

It was clearly the best choice for promotion but from a competition standpoint he was the least threatening.

McGregor chose both his opponent and the weight class to suit himself.

Diaz is not a wrestler
                      Diaz is not a 1 punch ko artist (more accumulative damage)
                      Diaz had less than 2 weeks notice to prepare (which included doing press)
                      Diaz was on vacation, out of shape with no training camp at all

The odds were definitely stacked against him at the time. I guess McGregor overlooked the fact that the Diaz bros are near impossible to ko and push a crazy pace with sea level cain cardio to back it up.

The featherweight champ fighting a top 5 lightweight (but barely top 10 welterweight) in a weight class that neither is relevant in was a joke In itself. The outcome was fitting given that Nate is a better fighter but the outcome was definitely not what most people had going into the fight.

Comment

luke rockhold boutta go johnny depp on bisping tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by danmcfart View Post
                          I'm pretty sure mcgregor didnt chose the easiest fight (def not the hardest), on paper nate diaz sounds like a nightmare style match up, Only two reasons why Mcgregor might of pick diaz would be
                          1. Diaz would most likely not try to take mcgregor down
                          2. the promotion for the fight would been a whole lot easier, hardcore fans love the diaz bros.

The easier fight imo would had been Cowboy (not saying mcgregor would crush him but would had done a lot better compared to diaz)
                          Uhh no, Cowboy would have kicked McFaggot's head off

Comment

Jacare is the only talent in the UFC as of this very moment.

Comment

Jacare sucks.

Comment

Diaz vs McNugget 2 happening at UFC 202.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X